Friday, February 11, 2011

Yummy... Red Velvet!







Here's a little YUMMY piece of heaven for you!
The other day one of our Facebook friends posted this recipe and I (Dixie) just had to make it!
I have a weakness for any CHEESECAKE!
If you like Turtle Cheesecake then you will love this recipe... if chocolate is not your fave (not sure how that can be... lol) then use graham cracker crumbs instead of the chocolate cookies.
Happy Valentine's Day!



Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
24 thin chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 packages (8oz each) plus 4oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons red food color
3 eggs
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon granulated or powdered sugar
16 paper cupcake liners

1. Heat oven to 350 F. Place foil baking cup in each of 16 regular-size muffin cups. In small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and melted butter. Divide crumb mixture among cups. With back of spoon, firmly press cookie crumbs in bottom of each foil cup.
2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 1 cup granulated sugar and the cocoa until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and food color. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Divide batter evenly among baking cups (cups will be almost full).
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until centers are firm. Cool 15 minutes (cheesecake centers will sink while cooling). Refrigerate in baking cups at least 1 hour; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour longer before serving.
4. In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream and sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Spoon whipped cream on chilled cheesecakes. Cover and refigerate any remaining cheesecakes.
Makes 16 servings
Betty Crocker recipe... Enjoy! The "XO's" are Red Velvet Cake!

5 comments:

  1. Those look positively yummy! This goes in my recipe box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color! Recipe looks easy too... doable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I love red velvet cake - my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I LOVE junk! I'm so inspired by all the beautiful pictures! I'm going to have to try to make it to a show! How far from Lynden to Puyallup? I'll check Google! Come visit me at http://www.countrycottageliving.com - I play with junk too. Love the ideas with burlap...I'm thinking Spring/Easter home decor with a burlap/garden/Beatrix Potter theme...hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe sounds delicious. I'm a big cheesecake fan myself, so I'll have to give it a try.

    I just found you through Caroline @ Piorra Maison, so I thought I would stop by and say hi.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete