Monday, January 31, 2011

Project For Today

Scored a bunch of old sewing patterns at an estate sale the other day... Here's what we're gonna do with em'. Cute huh? Nothin like dreamin' bout spring a little early!

Here's how to make them according to Country Living Magazine.



Step 1: For each flower, cut six 7-inch squares from the pattern. Stack and fold them accordion-style six times, forming a one-by seven-inch rectangle. Snip off the corners of the rectangle with scissors.

Step 2: Tightly twist a wire floral stem around the center of the rectangle.

Step 3: Fan out the paper, then pull apart each layer, creating the blossom.
Remember our Portland JuNk SaLVaTiOn show is this Saturday...where ya'll will find a whole lotta vintage bliss and harmony with a few laughs sprinkled in!!!! We'll see you there!!!

5 comments:

  1. Well, how easy is that?! I believe even I can do that. And I've got a bunch of incomplete pattern insides hanging around here. I just believe I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! My mom has trunks full of the old sewing patterns in her basement!

    And I'm guessing you've seen it, but the scene in White Christmas (the song was playing) where the two men perform the 'Sisters' was just them screwing around and they decided to put it in the movie.

    visions unto myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing this in the magazine! thanks for reminding me of it...

    p.x. I am really enjoying your music...!

    ReplyDelete