Monday, August 22, 2011

How many times have you passed these up?

These monster entertainment centers have become dinosaurs of the family room. Seriously, we have seen soooo many of these at thrift stores and garage sales....with the new flat screen televisions there just is no use for them anymore!!


Sooooo not true!!!


Take a looksie for yourself.
The ugly TV cabinet was transformed into a functional piece of furniture that houses something everyone has...a computer.



A convenient home office with storage all tucked away in space the size of a closet. Love it. Read all about how it was done here.



Now if we can just find a really good reuse for those big bulky TV sets?




6 comments:

  1. I've seen at least one of these at every estate and moving sale I've been to this Summer, and if I had the space, at least one of them would've come home with me! The storage possibilities one of these could give me in my office would be incredible! I love the pic you shared where they turned it into a hidden home office too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG i have one of those hideous bits of furniture..maybe i will have to re-think it.
    MXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see these on craigslist all the time.. sometimes they are free!!! I love the idea of making them into a hidden office space

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just talking about this the other day!! Great idea. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have one and I've been wanting to update our unit with something a bit less bulky, but I didn't know what to do with my beautiful oak unit. Now I know! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete