Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Found Us Some Old Crates Today

We were drivin' by an old bulb farm today and just outta the corner of our eyes we saw a stack of old bulb crates for sale. There they were abandoned....we just had to help em'. So we piled as many as we could into the SUV and found them a new home in our warehouse. We hit the internet right away lookin' for some good uses for them. Here's what we came up with...

A Fab dresser made with wood reclaimed from crates....

A crate used as a side table next to a chair...
An entire wall unit made with crates...looks pretty elegant don't cha think? In a rustic sorta way.

A rolling storage crate...painting it white adds a mod twist.

Of course crates hung as shelves on the wall....

Who says crates have to be used inside? After all their original use was for the outdoors....

This small crate planted with grass is a simple statement in a room full of white. LOVE it!!!



Til next time junk sistas!


Linda & Dixie

9 comments:

  1. What a great find! I would love to have some now so I could make that shelving unit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are reading my mind! I've been searching for same-size crates so I can do a project! Thanks for posting all these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some great ideas! I purchased a pie safe made out of old fruit crates a couple years ago and I love it!

    Annie
    www.lazyjoranch.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wish I was that creative. SUCH CUTE IDEAS!!

    -Heather Kaspar
    www.buckupbaby.blogspot.com

    P.S: LOVE your music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda and Dixie...
    I just created the 4th picture down...and tucked her in the corner of my living room :-) You may see her come Nov 5...we'll see.
    Happy Junkin'
    Tinell
    www.4thavenuegals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh. one of my favorite things.. crates!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find and some fantastic ideas for their use! Have you decided what you're going to do with your's yet? Hugs, ~Leena~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome find! I love the entire wall unit of crates and the one on casters too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great uses for crates! I like the wall unit and the dresser - fab!

    ReplyDelete