Saturday, December 4, 2010

DAY 4...and counting

Yesterdays winner was Mystica contact us by email (funkyjunksisters@live.com) so we can deliver the goods!


The theme for today is "Favorite Holiday Memory". Wow, we have soooo many of them, but the best ones are....the times our Dad played Santa (you can see picks of us sitting on his lap on our sidebars). He was a professional Santa and each Christmas he would wind up at a store sittin in a chair listening to the "wish lists" of many girls and boys. Sometimes we would get a little jealous that we had to share him with everyone.

FJS #1 always comforted us by sayin "Your Daddy helps Santa, he can't be in all places at once so he needs elves like Daddy to help him." That response helped ease our frustration. After all, we didn't want to upset Santa!



Today's giveaway is a double header. This cute little snow queen and glittery sheet music rose is from Jennifer and Kathy of Unexpected Necessities. They are a mother daughter team that sure knows how to turn junk into somethin' beauty-full! Visit their blog for tons of inspiration.



This one of a kind bag is from the ladies at The Quiet Nest. They have been vendors in our shows many times and never cease to amaze us. We love what they create... as a matter of fact, this bag is so darn cute that Dixie almost wouldn't let me give it away. She tried to hide the picture from me, thinkin I might forget about it. NO WAY SISTA!!! We gotta do whats right!?! Right? Anyways, somebody is gonna get real lucky to win this. Make sure you head on over to their site to see what else they've got goin on.








Okay, here's how you can win the snow queen, rose and bag...


1. Follow Junk Salvation (if you haven't already) over there to the right...


2. Write about your favorite holiday memory on your blog or facebook page with a link back to US! Then come back and leave a comment with a link to your post (not just to your blog, but your post)


3. Follow Unexpected Necessities and The Quiet Nest...and leave a comment there (be sure to tell them we sent you).

Ok JUnK SiSTas get those fingers typin'!


We'll announce the winner on our blog tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Just wanted to tell you that I clicked the Networked Blog link and it told me you do not exist.
    I want to declare that I BELIEVE
    I believe you exist and that you do bring good things to the world, just like Santa.

    Not sure if I will be able to blog about my memory today so will share the brief details with you - I was a young 20 something taking my son to visit santa at a local dept store. That santa knew so much about us it was uncanny.
    And he was the only one who did not assume my son was my little brother.
    Turns out it was a man who grew up next door to me and was a few years older. I didn't even know he knew I existed when we were growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the win!!! love it... will email you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm now a new GFC follower(Jennifer) of both Unexpected Necessities and The Quiet Nest. I left a comment on the "12 Days of Christmas Giveaway" that both of them posted yesterday.
    Thanks,
    Jen
    jryder416 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a GFC follower(Jennifer) of yours. My first comment about it must have disappeared...
    Thanks,
    Jen
    jryder416 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a follower of Funky Junk Sisters. La

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now a new follower of your blog
    Thanks for the chance at winning one of your sweet giveaways.
    dns_smart@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete