Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy 50th Birthday Barbie!

Isn't she so vintage? Today we are officially crowning Barbie as Funky Junk Sister #6. She celebrates her 50th this year. Can you believe it? She is the ultimate modern woman and has held that title for half a century. You can check out her blog at www.alldolldup.typepad.com
Here is Barbie's first house. It is a mid century modern home built in 1960 with an open floor concept. Designer colors and plenty of built ins. One level living at its best. No features were spared in this dream house! It even came furnished! (Can you tell I sell real estate?)

Absolutely fabulous! I wasn't fortunate enough to have one of these as a child but my cousin did and I remember playing for hours at a time, day after day with it. I was lucky to score one of these a few years ago at an antique mall. I now pull it out when young girls come over. Even they can appreciate this old house!
L

4 comments:

  1. Hey Linda!!!!

    Are you the Linda that sold her stuff at Exhibitors for awhile????

    I'm THAT Lisa, or did you already know that??? :)

    Your blog is great, went to your sis's too, loooove! :)

    I'm excited to hear from you!
    L~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had mixed feelings about Barbie....that perfect body and all. Okay, I'll admit it. I'M JEALOUS!! (but hey, she's 50 and I'm not!) HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wood panelling in the dream home.

    Cool.

    Mrs. Webfoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I guess it's wooden furniture. I love it whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete